Last Revised: Feb 1, 2018
PART A – COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information
Personal information is information that is about an identifiable individual. Aterica collects the personal information that you provide to us, such as your name and contact information, when you register for our Services. This information may be collected either through a website, application, or by any other tool or channel associated with our Services. Some of this personal information is necessary in order for you to gain access to and receive the full benefit of the use of all features of our Services. Examples of the information we collect, and the purposes we collect it for include, (but are not limited to):
- Aterica maintains your name and picture so we can properly identify you to the rest of your support circle.
- Aterica maintains status information indicating that Veta Smart Case is properly connected to the Veta App. We also maintain a timestamp when the Veta Smart Case has been disconnected from the Veta App so that we can give you and your support circle additional context about when you were last connected.
- Aterica maintains the temperature over time of the Veta Smart Case for at least 30 days to provide you and your Support Circle (“You” or “Your”) with historical information regarding whether or not Your auto-injector has been exposed to temperatures outside of its recommended range so that You can decide whether or not the epinephrine may have been negatively affected and provide useful information to help You determine whether or not your auto-injector needs to be replaced. Aterica maintains Your temperature preference for viewing temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Aterica maintains the last known location of a Veta Smart Case when it disconnects from your Veta App so that you can locate it on a map if it is ever misplaced.
- Aterica maintains Your location if You have a Veta Smart Case so that You can share your location with your Support Circle. You configure Your location sharing in the Your Profile settings. If You have decided not to share your location with your Support Circle, we still maintain Your location to share with them when Your auto-injector has been removed from your Veta Smart Case.
- Aterica maintains time stamps when events such as separation, temperature, and removal occur.
- Aterica maintains the amount of battery remaining in the Veta Smart Case so we can let you know when it is getting low.
- Aterica maintains “the expiry date you provide for your auto-injector so Veta App can remind you when your auto-injector is about to expire or has expired.
- You can configure what notifications You receive in your Profiles settings, under Notification preferences.
- Aterica maintains quick call phone numbers you enter into the Veta App so you can access them quickly and conveniently.
- Aterica maintains your notification preferences about what information you hope to receive from others you are supporting or are in your support circle. This includes, but is not limited to alerts for Separation, Temperature excursions, Offline status, Battery, Expiry, and Removal.
If you purchase any products and/or subscribe for any of our paid services, we may also collect certain information about your purchases and payment methods including, without limitation, credit or debit card information.
We may collect any information that is submitted by you via our Services. This includes, without limitation, your name and contact information, and any feedback provided regarding our Services and/or the use of our Services (“Feedback”).
- Personal Information of Children
If you are the parent of a minor who has provided us with personal information, you may delete this information by deleting the account of a minor and cease to use the Services.
- Creating a Circle of Care
When you invite someone to join your Support Circle, You will invite them by entering the email address of the Support Circle participant. You must have the consent of the any person you invite to join your circle of care to provide their information to Aterica.
You agree that your Circle of Care may access Your location, and information about the Smart Cases including information about Separation, Temperature, Offline, Battery, Expiry and Removals.
- Automatic Information
We may collect and store anonymous information (“Automatic Information”) about you as you navigate through our Services. This information may be collected using various technologies including, without limitation, cookies, Internet tags and navigational data. Some of this information is automatically transmitted to us through your browser, such as the URL that you just visited, the browser version that your computer uses, the date and time that you used the Services, the webpages that were visited and your IP address. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on your computer. If your browser is not set to allow cookies, you may not have access to all areas or features of the Services.
PART B – USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To accomplish any of the purposes listed below, Aterica may combine personal information, Automatic Information, and non-personal information collected through your use of our Services.
- Personal Information
Personal information will be used by Aterica to provide You with full access to our Services and to supply You with any information or services requested, as described in more detail above.
Contact information submitted to Aterica may be published or otherwise made available through our Services. You acknowledge that information, such as your location and other personal details, may be made available to your Support Circle through the intended use of the Services.
Information submitted by users may also be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your information to be used this way, please contact us using the contact information in Part I.
Payment information will be used by Aterica to charge the fees associated with our Services. In circumstances where a user’s account is past due, or where the primary payment method fails, we may use additional payment methods listed on file to satisfy these accounts.
- Automatic Information
PART C – DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information in the following limited circumstances:
- To Help with Business Operations
- Safety and Security
We may disclose your information as necessary to protect the safety or security of users of our Services, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Transfer or Sale
In the event that Aterica sells, transfers or otherwise disposes of its business to an affiliate, successor, assign or other third party entity, we may disclose personal information to such entity. Our business may wish to sell or buy subsidiaries or business units, in which case such a transaction may require that customer information, including personal information, be transferred as a business asset.
- Legal Requirement
As otherwise required by law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legally valid inquiry or order, Aterica may disclose your personal information.
Aterica may provide, disclose or transfer your personal information with your consent.
PART D – PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
In order to help prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of your information, Aterica has put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect through our Services. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our Business Associates, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal information we collect is maintained at the city level.
However, we cannot guarantee that information provided to us through our Services will remain private, or that the information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
To help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information you are responsible for keeping the username and password (collectively, “ID”) that you receive upon registration with our Services private and confidential. You are solely responsible for preventing the unauthorized use of your ID.
PART E – ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Should you submit an inquiry through our Services, or otherwise communicate with us electronically, you consent to Aterica responding to such inquiries electronically. Aterica cannot guarantee that information that we send to or receive from you over the Internet will not be intercepted.
PART F – INFORMATION SHARED BETWEEN USERS
Should you choose to share information with any other user that you find using our Services by inviting and adding them to your Support Circle, we hereby state and you hereby confirm that we are not responsible for the handling, privacy, or processing of such information.
PART G – ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted personal information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
PART I – HOW TO CONTACT US
Attention: Aterica Support
You may also contact our Privacy Officer at the addresses below:
251 Little Falls Drive
Wilmington, Delaware 19808
500 Fairway Road South, Suite 23-201
Kitchener, Ontario, N2C 1X3