How Veta Works
Veta Smart Case is a "smart," re-usable, transparent carrier for your Epi auto-injector. Veta App on your phone connects wirelessly to Veta Smart Case. Veta Smart Case connects to compatible iPhone,® iPad,® iPod touch® or Android™ mobile devices using Bluetooth® Smart.
Veta can support up to eight EpiPen® auto-injectors within your network simultaneously! This means that you can purchase a Veta Smart Case for each EpiPen® you need to track and the Veta Smart Cases and App will work together as an integrated system, managing each auto-injector. Read our FAQ.
Veta Smart Case sensors let Veta App know when your auto-injector's temperature is not within the range you set.
Veta Smart Case flashing light and audio pings, along with Veta App GPS, help you locate a misplaced Epi.
Wireless signals between Veta App and Veta Smart Case monitor when your Epi is left behind.
Veta App informs you and your support circle when the auto-injector is removed from Veta Smart Case.
Veta App warns you about approaching expiry dates for each registered auto-injector.
Define how much information support circle friends, family and/or guardians receive about your whereabouts and daily self-manage habits.
Veta App tracks Veta Smart Case battery level. (Batteries typically last as long as your auto-injector.)
- invite individuals you trust to your private support circle
- join multiple private support circles (for example, you can be a part of your child's support circle and your niece's support circle).
Automated notifications are sent for Separation Alerts, Auto-Injector Removal Alerts, Temperature and Expiry Alerts. Veta provides flexibility to decide what notifications will be received and shared by the person carrying the smart case. Notifications can be sent to the person carrying the smart case as well as to those people in your Support Circle. In addition, each person in your Support Circle can participate in different ways by configuring whether or not they receive Separation Alerts, Temperature and Expiry Alerts.
When the auto-injector is removed from the smart case, Veta broadcasts the Auto-Injector Removal Alerts and your location information to everyone in your private support circle. Optionally, the Auto-Injector Removal Alerts can also be broadcast to your extended support circle.
- Fast, one-touch access to people in your Support Circle and close contacts.
- GPS and other location services to notify your Support Circle of your location so they can reach you physically or help coordinate support remotely.
- One-touch access to video and other training material on the correct use of an EpiPen®.
- Helpful resources such as “mom-approved” shopping lists, barcode scanning, food photos, grocery-shopping tips, nearest open pharmacy, nearest hospital and trip planning tools.
Click on a story.
Mom knows Abby has her EpiPen® as she heads
off to school.
Mom can trust Haley to practice daily self-management.
Knowing when your child is in trouble and mobilizing your support circle instantly.
We’d love to hear how Veta will make a difference in
your family’s life.